Labels

Friday, October 16, 2009

Why Do I Run?

"Eh girl ah, so thin already stop running lah, now proper weight, don't need to continue exercising"
--THEM


I always loved running... it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power.  You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs.  
~Jesse Owens



For me, running is my me-time. An intimate moment between me, myself and I. A personal competition. A reintroduction to my body and mind. A small bridge to my sanity in the hectic frenzy (a neoplastic neoplasm!) of life. 


Why do I run? It's not just for those numbers on the scale anymore. It's not just for the timing on the watch. "I run to save myself" may be an exaggeration--I run to free myself, and to find myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment