Labels

Saturday, September 26, 2009

More About This Fat Girl

For a while, fitness was a way to a mean--a very bitter, difficult and painful way for me to shed the excess weight I've ignorantly added on the past seventeen years. I signed up for a 5k race just to force myself to exercise and read up widely on fitness regimens and plans. I religiously lifted up those dumbbells, stretched those resistance bands and bounced on the Swiss ball. I'd grumble, drag my feet, curse, and get out and run.

Then, somewhere along the way, somehow, I got addicted.

Okay, so running is painful and crunches exasperating, but I bask in the afterglow of sweating out myself. My muscles ache, but man, who cares when all these adrenaline are raging through my body? And I can't even begin to describe the immense satisfaction of simply meeting a goal--a distance or a duration--or crossing that thin finish line.

A few months ago, I simply wanted to be slim. Now, I want to be a runner. Hence, I thought I'd start this blog to encourage me to track my journey down this long and winding path so that I can look back with satisfaction and look forward with determination. I also hope to be able to garner some support and guidance from the very encouraging runners' community here in the web--I have a very heavy butt and sometimes I need some help to get off it to go out and run. Finally, I would be more than honored if this blog can serve as some kind of inspiration to other couch-potatoes who too harbor the desire to tear down the road.

Come on, fat girl: run!

No comments:

Post a Comment